OUR CHURCH HISTORY
Mr. Maddox, who owned the parcel of land, donated the acre of land to Good Aim. In 1915, the church building was erected from unfinished pieces of plywood and 2x4 odd pieces of building material. Therefore, the interior and exterior of the building had an unfinished look. Rev. Isaac Outten was the first minister to preach in the church after it was organized.
In 1959, the church was rebuilt. Rev. E.W. Hagan served as pastor.
In 1961, Rev. J.H. Roberson, Sr., accepted the pastorate to Good Aim. In 1968, an educational building was added. Under Rev. Roberson’s leadership, the church grew. In 1975, the church was remodeled to include a new kitchen, two bathrooms, a first aid room and other new additions. On May 15, 1994, Rev. J.H. Roberson, Sr., retired after serving faithfully and untiringly for 32 years.
In April 1996, Rev. R.L. Mosby, Associated Minister of Greenview Baptist Church was selected to serve as our Interim Pastor while the church continued its search for a new Pastor. In October 1996, Rev. Michael D. Buckson became the Pastor of Good Aim Baptist Church. Rev. Buckson served as pastor for one and a half years and left in June 1998. In March 1999, Rev. Willie C. Simons, a son of the church accepted the pastorate to Good Aim Baptist Church. Rev. Simons served as pastor of Good Aim for 19 years until October 2018. Under his leadership, the church sanctuary was remodeled. The church also purchased .3 acres of land adjacent to the church. On June 28, 2003, the Educational Building was dedicated and named in honor of the late Rev. J.H. Roberson, Sr.
On April 13, 2007 the church body gathered and agreed to adopt a recommendation that the name of the church be amended to include “Missionary” as the function of the church is to “spread religious faith.” Hence, the name Good Aim Missionary Baptist Church.
On March 15, 2008, a tornado destroyed the 94-year-old church building. The entire side of the church and the interior of the church were destroyed. Gravestones were uprooted, and trees were blown down across the street.
On Sunday, March 16, 2008, our church services were held in the church parking lot. The Easter Services was held at the Round Top Elementary School. We continued to hold services there until June 2008. By the grace of God, the Bethel Baptist Church Family graciously extended to us the use of their old sanctuary. In May 2009, Rev. Tommie Rush and the Mount Seirs Baptist Church Family opened their doors to use until the rebuilding of our church was completed. The ground-breaking ceremony was held on July 18, 2009. The construction of the church began on September 14, 2009. The church foundation was raised and ready for framing on September 28, 2009. The church reconstruction was completed on July 16, 2010. Rev. Willie Simons conducted the first church services in the new church on July 18, 2010.
As we continue to move forward, God has given us a stronger faith. We have a huge challenge before us to ensure that our church provides a powerful testimony about God and His redemptive grace. Our hearts are forever grateful for all that He has done. His church is complete, and the blessings go on. Praise the Lord.